The Queen's Castle at Windsor
Fortress, Palace, Home
- The official children's guide to Windsor Castle, containing fun activities to break up the commentary or enhance a visit
- Combines historical accuracy with humour and a lightness of touch appropriate for the 7-11 age range
- Some chapters coincide with the National Curriculum (e.g. Windsor in WWII)
- Illustrations by the award-winning Elizabeth Newbery
Windsor is the oldest inhabited castle in the world – for over 900 years it’s been home to kings and queens, including our Queen Elizabeth II.
This colourful activity book reveals the secrets of the world’s oldest inhabited castle and the Kings and Queens who have lived there. Over time it has been a royal fortress, a King Arthur-inspired palace, a Victorian Christmas wonderland and home to The Queen (and her corgis)! There’s also a mini palace inside – Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House has hot and cold running water, two working lifts and even flushing lavatories!
Jousting and feasting, deaths and dungeons, childhood games and celebrity events – lively illustrations and fun facts bring the Castle’s colourful history to life.
- Scala Arts & Heritage Publishers
- 22nd Apr 2019
- Paperback / softback
- 246 mm x 189 mm
- 32 Pages