The Road Untravelled
The Art of Sherin Aminossehe
- An exquisite collection ranging from the United States to Nepal via London, Italy, Iran and many other destinations
- Features personal responses from the people who commissioned the art
- A testament to the consoling power of art in the most challenging times
- Proceeds from the sales of The Road Untravelled will be paid in support of SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity
The Road Untravelled began life as Sherin Aminossehe’s personal response to the geographical constraints of the COVID-19 lockdown – a drawing a day, providing relief from the daily routine of work and home-schooling. However, on a friend’s advice it became a much broader enterprise, as Sherin began to fulfil commissions in return for a charitable donation to SSAFA for people unable to travel, her art offering them an imaginative escape to the locations they longed for.This exquisite collection ranges from the United States to Nepal via London, Italy, Iran and many destinations besides. Alongside the drawings feature the personal responses of some of the people who commissioned them. Together they provide a moving record of the importance of place in our most precious memories and a testament to the consoling power of art in the most challenging times.
Proceeds from the sales of The Road Untravelled will be paid in support of SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity. SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, has been providing lifelong support to the UK’s Armed Forces and their families since 1885. Last year their teams of volunteers and employees helped more than 85,000 people in need, from Second World War veterans to those who have served in more recent conflicts or are still currently serving, and their families.
- Scala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Publish date
- 8th Nov 2021
- Paperback / softback
- 246 mm x 189 mm
- 112 Pages
- 100 color