The Trees of North America
Michaux and Redouté’s American Masterpiece
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
Share This Book...
- A miniature gift book presenting all 277 hand-coloured plates from François-André Michaux’s classic North American Sylva
- These are masterworks of 19th-century botanical illustration by Pierre-Joseph Redouté and other artists
- Published in cooperation with the New York Botanical Garden
- Part of the best-selling Tiny Folio series, which also includes Audubon’s Birds of America (ISBN 9780789208149) and Botanica Magnifica (ISBN 9780789211378)
This Tiny Folio presents, in modern taxonomic order, all 277 of the hand-coloured plates from François-André Michaux’s classic North American Sylva, as well as the supplemental volumes by Thomas Nuttall. These masterworks of 19th-century botanical illustration – by such artists as Pierre-Joseph Redouté and Pancrace Bessa – represent the leaves, fruit, and flowers of American trees with wonderful grace and clarity. Published in cooperation with the New York Botanical Garden, The Trees of North America includes a preface and introduction describing how Michaux and Nuttall’s pioneering work came to be.
- Abbeville Press
- 17th May 2021
- World excluding USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia and New Zealand
- 111 mm x 101 mm
- 336 Pages
- 277 color
- Name of series
- Tiny Folio
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.