Tunnel – Johannes Nagel
Works in Porcelain – Arbeiten aus Porzellan 2018–2023
- The new monograph on the German shooting star in ceramics, Johannes Nagel
- A daring book design meets extraordinary ceramic sculpture
- With contributions by internally acclaimed experts in ceramic art
The catalogue Tunnel presents works from 2018 to 2023 by ceramicist Johannes Nagel (*1979). The majority of the objects were formed by the artist’s hands digging into sand to form cavities, negative spaces, which were then molded and revealed using liquid porcelain. By doing this, says co-author Esther Niebel, the artist imprints his own presence in to the objects. In addition to the extraordinary shapes thus created, expressive colours and the painting of the objects play a central role in Nagel’s work. Accompanied by essays, the excavated and cast pieces are presented in full-page photographs in a staccato portrayal of objects and ideas.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 18th Aug 2023
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 330 mm x 220 mm
- 160 Pages
- 144 color