Young Architects 22
- For more than 40 years the Architectural League Prize for Young Architects + Designers has recognised outstanding and provocative work by up-and-coming North American architects and designers
- Documents the important lecture and exhibition series that for four decades has introduced creative young architects and designers on an international stage
- Shows the breadth of contemporary practices with work that includes social justice advocacy, installations that examine spatial politics and representation, as well as typological and digital explorations
- Examines and critiques the notion of value in architecture through the built and speculative work of six exceptional young firms
Young Architects 22: Value features work by the winners of the 2020 Architectural League Prize for Young Architects + Designers. The competition theme examined the meanings of value in contemporary architecture — a concept that spans “numbers, colours, measurement, worth, and ethics,” in the words of the theme statement. From an open-source robotics laboratory producing new architectural forms and processes to a series of community gardens built from salvaged architectural models, the projects and practices featured in this volume represent a wide breadth of responses to the competition theme, refining and expanding the notion of value in contemporary design practice.
With contributions by David Eskenazi, Garrett Ricciardi, Julian Rose, Leslie Lok, Sasa Zivkovic, Isaac Michan Daniel, Ivi Diamantopoulou, Jaffer Kolb, Luis Beltrán del Río García, Andrew Sosa Martínez, Anna Puigjaner, Anne Rieselbach.
- ORO Editions
- 14th Mar 2023
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding USA, Canada, Australasia & Asia (except Japan; China non-exclusive)
- 177 mm x 127 mm
- 176 Pages
- 100 color
- Name of series
- Young Architects series
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.