Back into the Light
Four Women Artists – Their Works, Their Paths
- Presents four rediscovered extraordinary Jewish women artists
- Includes texts by renowned art historians with numerous illustrations and hitherto unpublished documents and letters
- The various historical contexts of the individual lives of the four artists are presented in cultural studies essays by international experts
- Accompanies the Back into the Light: Four Women Artists – Their Works, Their Paths exhibition, 24 November 2022 - 17 April 2023, Jüdisches Museum Frankfurt am Main, Germany
With the exhibition catalogue Back into the Light: Four Women Artists – Their Works, Their Paths, the Jüdisches Museum Frankfurt has dedicated itself to four rediscovered women artists. Erna Pinner (1890–1987), Rosy Lilienfeld (1896–1942), Amalie Seckbach (1870–1944), and Ruth Cahn (1875–1966) shaped the artistic life of the 1920s in Frankfurt am Main and were also noticed supra-regionally. National Socialist rule brought an end not only to the cosmopolitan way of life that they cultivated, but also threatened their work and their lives. Renowned art historians examine the works of the four artists in essays for the catalogue. Numerous illustrations and hitherto unpublished documents and letters accompany these texts. The various historical contexts of their individual lives and fate are also presented in cultural studies essays by international experts.
- 16th Jan 2023
- World excluding Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the US & Canada
- 280 mm x 230 mm
- 192 Pages
- 242 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.