The Lotte Reimers Foundation Collection at Friedenstein Castle in Gotha
- First publication of the complete Lotte Reimers Foundation Collection
- Three hundred ceramic art objects by 115 international artists
- Selected artists: Ingeborg & Bruno Asshoff (DE), Antje Brüggemann (DE), Claudi Casanovas (ES), Claude Champy (FR), Daphne Corregan (US), Anne Currier (US), Pippin Drysdale (AU), Karl Fulle (DE), Gerd Knäpper (JP), Beate Kuhn (DE), Enric Mestre (ES), Ken Mihara (JP), Herman Muys (BE), Thomas Naethe (DE), Suku Park (RK), Lotte Reimers (DE), Lucie Rie (UK), Reinhold Rieckmann (DE), Karl & Ursula Scheid (DE), Roland Summer (AT), Ann Van Hoey (BE), Gotlind Weigel (DE), Robin Welch (UK)
The 300 works of the Lotte Reimers Foundation showcase the wide spectrum and the diversity of modern ceramic art. The works by 115 international artists, from classical vessels to free sculpture, are to now permanently move to Friedenstein Castle in Gotha, giving rise to this comprehensive publication. As a former gallerist and museum director as well as passionate ceramicist, Lotte Reimers is profoundly grounded in the material and with her unmistakeable flair has compiled this collection, which will now remain within the museum. Her engagement and life-long fostering of ceramic art makes her one of the most significant personalities in the European ceramic scene.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 25th May 2018
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 285 mm x 215 mm
- 336 Pages
- 600 color, 20 b&w