Gems, Colours & Wild Stories
175 Years of Constantin Wild
- 175 years of Constantin Wild – an anniversary publication on the internationally renowned gemstone dealer from the German capital of gemstones, Idar-Oberstein
- Discover the colourful magic of high-quality gemstones and the importance of precise cutting for the international haute joaillerie
- Constantin Wild tells of his adventurous travels to remote mines and far-flung dealers
Founded in Idar-Oberstein in 1847, the company Constantin Wild has left its mark on the world of gemstones like barely any other enterprise. For its 175th anniversary, Constantin Wild, great-grandson of the company’s founder, has been out on the trail of history. He now takes us back to the beginnings of the Wild family, which looks back on a tradition of 400 years of artistic stonecutting and also in the trading of one-of-a-kind gemstones.
Travel with him around the globe on the quest for the most beautiful and rarest stones. Discover sublime items of jewellery — a selection of the very best, the zenith of international haute joaillerie. Their beauty begins with the stone, and often enough this begins chez Constantin Wild: without that fine cut, by adept craftsmen and artists, the expressive colour of the gemstone fails to come into its own. Only once it has been subjected to these processes can the gemstone unfold its true character, to reach its final fiery, vivacious brilliance. In this publication, Constantin Wild presents a selection of exceptional gemstones in short vignettes. The opulently designed publication Gems, Colours & Wild Stories is an homage to and an affirmation of love for the irrepressible diversity of these extremely valuable gemstones.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 2nd Dec 2021
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 340 mm x 250 mm
- 304 Pages
- 470 color