Jewelry + Image
The GRASSI Adorns
- The first publication on the unique collection of the GRASSI Museum of Applied Arts
- Upcoming and renowned photographers of the Leipzig school showcase portraits of the selected jewellery pieces
- Accompanies an exhibition at the GRASSI Museum für Angewandte Kunst, Leipzig (DE) from 5 May - 25 September 2022
Jewellery art is a small but easily discernible voice amid the great choir that is the art scene. It has been the impetus for innovation and a seismograph for current discourse within the applied arts for several decades.
Now, for the first time, the GRASSI Museum of Applied Arts is presenting its holdings of modern jewellery, ranging from the mid-twentieth century to the present day. Analysed and assembled, it provides insights into the multifaceted oeuvres of around 180 jewellery artists from around the world. The collection is broadly representative of the international developments in jewellery art and as such it especially grants a special view of the approaches from GDR before the unification. Images by 11 photographers from Leipzig show just how varied and versatile the perception of jewellery on a person can be.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 15th Aug 2022
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 290 mm x 245 mm
- 368 Pages
- 480 color