Highlights from the Collection 1947-2019
- World-class collection of artist jewellery from the MAD, New York
- More than 40 'stories' explain the artists' contributions to their field
- Highlights from eight decades of jewellery art
Jewelry Stories highlights the Museum of Arts and Design's unique, world-class collection of studio and contemporary art jewellery from the US, Europe, Australia, and Asia, a medium that comprises one-third of its permanent collection. Artists working in this field create jewellery rooted in sculptural experimentation and the concept of art as a wearable medium. The pieces featured represent the history of art jewellery as told from a largely US perspective. Jewellery artists are inspired by such subjects as found objects and materials, as well as by politics and pressing social issues, allowing for the development of unique, personal narratives in each piece. Each of the jewellery stories is written by an expert on the artist or subject, thus the book also celebrates the contributions they have made to the field.
Published to accompany an exhibition at Museum of Arts and Design, New York (US), 13 February 2020 - 24 January 2021.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 14th Dec 2020
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 119 mm
- 160 Pages