Max Bill - Building Bridges
- A new monograph on Max Bill (1908-1994), Swiss artist, architect, designer and master of modernism, offering a fresh look at his remarkable achievements in all fields of his creative activity and at his international network, highlighting also his contribution to art and society generally
- Also investigates Bill's engagement in politics and as an activist
- Features some 120 of Bill's own works in all disciplines and a selection of products he designed and that went into industrial production
Max Bill (1908-1994), a key figure of modernism in his native Switzerland and internationally, was a true renaissance man. Equally accomplished as painter, sculptor, graphic and product designer, and architect, he was also an eminent theorist and educator, a curator and prolific publicist. Moreover, he engaged in Swiss politics and, also abroad, as an activist. Throughout his career he connected with fellow artists and other protagonists of modernism, maintaining a lifelong and worldwide artistic and political dialogue.
This new monograph, published in conjunction with a major exhibition at Zentrum Paul Klee in Bern, Switzerland, takes a fresh look at Bill's remarkable achievements in all fields of his creative activity and at his international network, highlighting also his contribution to art and society generally. It features some 120 of Bill's own works in all disciplines and a selection of products he designed and that went into industrial production, as well as work by some of his artist friends. Published alongside are topical essays investigating Bill's work as a curator and writer, his engagement in politics and activism, and what interests and instincts drove him as a collector.
- Scheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Publish date
- 8th Mar 2021
- Paperback / softback
- UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Benelux, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East, China, Hong Kong, Central and South America
- 290 mm x 220 mm
- 256 Pages
- 160 color, 40 b&w
- Name of series
- America's Greatest Brands