Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- A contemporary guide to the architecture of Milan, the purpose of which is to tell about the city through its architectural works
- The book's jacket opens out into a map marking the locations of the architectural works and interesting sites to visit
- Includes general information about Milan, and useful tips for travellers
- Each entry includes a photo of the whole building, architectural drawings, a short description, and facts including architect, year of construction, address, website, and how to visit
Full DescriptionIn recent years, Milan has become a metropolis involved in transformations that are well worthy of interest for the architectural and urbanistic experiments that have been carried out. The complex dialectics between innovation and respect for the existing urban form is the distinctive characteristic of the city: recovery of downgraded neighbourhoods, redevelopment of decommissioned industrial zones, technological experimentation, and vertical development are the aspects that mark Milan as a strongly contemporary city. This guide is being launched in answer to a moment of great focus on Milan. As it guides the reader through the wide range of contemporary architectural projects, it emphasises the unique nature of its complex character. The transformations are still underway and for this reason, it is difficult to foresee how a city of such size will manage to redefine its personal equilibrium: but this too is part of the contemporary nature of Milan.
- Forma Edizioni
- 20th Aug 2018
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding USA & Canada
- 160 mm x 115 mm
- 224 Pages
- 97 color, 84 b&w