Ornament in Transition
Silke Trekel Jewellery 1995–2020
- First monograph on Silke Trekel's jewellery
- Accompanies three exhibitions in Munich, Hanau and Lausanne
- Art jewellery at its finest
The uniqueness of Silke Trekel (*1969) lies in the melding of artisan skills and awareness with a particular sensibility for the character and texture of the inherent quality of her materials. Whether industrial or organic, they play a crucial role in her designs. The many travels of the Halle-educated artist broadened her perspectives, validating them in a concept of jewellery fed by universal symbolic metaphors of form. The publication gives a first in-depth account of her development, of this dialogue between abstraction and ornamental tradition. In fact Trekel invites us to rethink, for her work unites motifs and guiding concepts, which galvanised 20th century art - between sculptural spatial configurations and signs held in suspension. Trekel takes an active part in this story.
Text in English and German.
Published to accompany exhibitions at Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein, Munich, from 5 March-17 April 2021, at Deutsches Goldschmiedehaus Hanau from 12 September-10 November 2021, and Galerie Viceversa, Lausanne from February 12–March 12, 2022.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 22nd Apr 2021
- Paperback / softback
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 220 mm
- 112 Pages
- 100 color