The Stars’ Share / La part des étoiles
- Very personal black-and-white portraits of leading international figures in film, photography, sports, dance, design, architecture, music, and the culinary arts
- With contributions by Sir Christopher Hampton, essays on Peter Lindbergh and Javier Bardem
- Anecdotes related to the photo shoots and get-togethers
- Text in English and French
Sir Paul Smith, with a wry grin in front of a bookshelf. Javier Bardem, utterly relaxed, in sneakers in a sunny field. Rasmus Kofoed, chef at Geranium in Copenhagen, one of the best restaurants in the world, atop an ivy-covered wall. What all these portraits have in common — along with a sense of closeness and privacy — is a glass. For this is how Gérard-Philippe Mabillard photographs his friends and acquaintances, all celebrities from the world of film, art, fashion, design, and culture.
Mabillard himself worked as a creative professional before taking the position of director of the Vin du Valais non-profit association. For him, the glass, filled with wine or water, is the link between the people he portrays: a symbol of friendship and community. Through his photography project, Mabillard is supporting the NGO Fondation Moi pour Toit in Colombia.
Text in English and French.
- teNeues Books
- Publish date
- 28th Sep 2022
- World excluding Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands
- 215 mm x 297 mm
- 192 Pages
- 150 b&w