- Geared toward architects in both East and West
- Discusses key influences ranging from classical to modernist and post-modernist architecture
- In-depth diagrammatic analysis of selected SCDA projects, ranging from old projects to never-before published, new work
- Diagrammatic Index of SCDA works from 1995–Present
- Personal epilogue by Soo K. Chan
In With Reference, Soo Chan of SCDA explores the fundamentals of architecture - going back to inspirations and precedents, examining basic building blocks and core values - in search of a universal spatial vocabulary for contemporary practice.
As practice becomes increasingly globalised and fragmented, the applied design language has to absorb nuances of climate, craft, culture, and place. Through a rich diagrammatic analysis of seminal projects by SCDA as well as masters of architecture around the world, With Reference argues for the revival of a rule-based design language.
- ORO Editions
- Publish date
- 8th Nov 2021
- Paperback / softback
- 244 mm x 210 mm
- 200 Pages
- 150 color