Seven Skills and a Lot of Wilderness
- A new perspective on jewellery art turning into performance
- The first monograph on Austrian artist Wolfgang Rahs
- Text in English and German
As early as the 1970s, Wolfgang Rahs (*1952) was inspired by the avant-garde art scene in Graz by the contemporary art festival Steirischer Herbst and the Forum Stadtpark collective, one of the action groups and joint ventures of artists from different genres; he is also member of the artists’ union Gruppe 77. Educated in metalcraft and goldsmithing at the Ortweinschule in Graz, Rahs alternates in his works between jewellery, installation, performance, and processual pieces — free works that reflect the concept of jewellery in an all-embracing manner. His examination of myths (Skythisches Stillleben), of conditions he encounters (Verdammte Brosche), and of his own existence (Mauspfad Köln) plays a key role. An impressive publication on this exceptional artist whose work challenges and therefore expands our traditional understanding of jewellery.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 3rd Dec 2021
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 310 mm x 245 mm
- 320 Pages
- 380 color